Hejsan!

acuboost

Ny till Classic Mustang. This is going to be a lot easier in English for right now. Everyone here in the States tells me how well we Swedes speak such good English so let see if it is true.

Anyway, I am in the process of moving back home, most likely in the spring. I am trying to figure out the best way if there is a good way to get my 07 Mustang GT/CS back home with me without throwing my money away. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, had her since new, but sometimes all things comes to an end if they don't make sense.

So, I thought joining this club would be a step in the right direction for us, maybe help from members with the same experiences dealing with import, inspection and smog issues.

I will try to get some picture up soon.

Thomas

Welcome to the mustangforum! :) Och välkommen tillbaka till Sverige, när det blir! I am sure you will get a lot of answers for your questions! ... unfortunately not from me, have no experience on that subject...

There's no problem bringing your Mustang with you to Sweden. I haven't done this myself but I own such a Mustang.

You simply apply for "relocation goods" at transportstyrelsen. This means that you don't have to convert your car to Swedish standards. The only thing you have to do is punch in the VIN into a "hard to replace" part of the body. Preferably under the carpet in the trunk.

http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/en/road/Importing-vehicles-and-verification-of-origin/Relocation-goods/

Then you have to apply for "tullfrihet" duty-free import(?) at Tullverket:

http://www.tullverket.se/download/18.335e16821392faa28ddbda/1368612585018/tullfrihet+f%C3%B6r+dig+som+flyttar+till+Sverige+fr%C3%A5n+ett+land+utanf%C3%B6r+EU+tv790.84.pdf

Didn't find that in english, sorry. :/ That means that you don't have to pay customs or swedish "moms".

Tackar sa mycket for informationen. Jag for modar att jag maste satta pa mina cats igen. Jag har long tube headers, x-pipe and running cat-less right now, I know, save the planet, but it is so much more fun without them. Fragan ar nu om jag behover satta pa oem cats eller can jag kopa pypes high flow cats och passer besiktningen?