Unlock doors = Headlights on

saktown

Hello everyone.

Hope it is okay i write in English. You guys have U.S cars, so you should be able to understand it :)

First of, I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago, and I have NO IDEA why I did not join this way sooner! :crazy: Absolutely great forum and great great helpful topics! I am danish, but live in Sweden and work in Denmark, so I am a member of the Danish Mustang Club - The problem is in that club, there is not much help to get, if you own a newer Mustang like I do (I have a Torch red 2010 GT500 with loads of mods). The club has like 90%-95% "older/classic mustangs" - But that doesnt make it a bad club at all. Ive got plenty of help. But this forum might suit me better.

The question:

I was wondering if you could turn on the headlights when you unlock the doors with the key? My friends 2010 Camaro SS do it in USA (and a whole bunch of other vehicles), and I actually saw a 2008 Mustang GT do it in Denmark (it just turned on the fog lights). My car is not my daily driver at all, I just think it is a cool feature.

Right now, when I push the "unlock-button" on the key, the orange parking lights turns on, rear taillights and license plate bulbs.

Is there a splicing or anything to do, so it can turn my HID headlamps on as well?

And yes, I have tried turning the swich to "AUTOLAMP" and push the unlock. It is still the same.

I usually drive around like this:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/05mustangman/006-2.jpg

I put the switch in parking light position and pull it out for the fogs - I still want to be able to do that, IF i manage to make this little feature work.

I hope there is someone who can guide me, or maybe have done this.

Okay, nevermind.

After hours of search, i found out it is called: Perimeter lighting. You can look in the owners manual on how to activate/disable it.

And there is a good reason why it is disabled on the HID cars from the factory.

Thanks anyway.

Okay, nevermind.

After hours of search, i found out it is called: Perimeter lighting. You can look in the owners manual on how to activate/disable it.

And there is a good reason why it is disabled on the HID cars from the factory.

Thanks anyway.

What is the good reason?

And welcome to us! :)

//Danne

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys...

Well, the reason is. (short story) HID needs at least 5 minutes to properly warm up. Turning HID on and off will greatly reduce it's life time.

Thats the reason FORD disabled this feature with HID equipped cars from the factory.

Thanks guys...

Well, the reason is. (short story) HID needs at least 5 minutes to properly warm up. Turning HID on and off will greatly reduce it's life time.

Thats the reason FORD disabled this feature with HID equipped cars from the factory.

Ok as I was expecting then.

//D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2