Motorolja SAE 5W-20

uli

På min GT 02:a rekommenderas en motorolja typ "Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Super Premium", vet någon ifall den oljan överhuvudtaget finns att köpa i Sverige? Det är vad jag förstår en väldigt tunn syntetolja, och bör vad jag har hört INTE ersättas med någon mer "standardmässig" syntetolja typ 5W-40 eller sådant. Hur gör ni andra som har motsvarande modell?

just motorcrafts vet jag inte om det finns.. men kolla andra oljer som e 5w-X0, just 20 kan va svårt o hitta men 30 finns, vet folk i tyskland som kört med 5w-40 och då åt maskinen olja och lät lite mer (vet inte vilken märke det va) efter det så har dom letat upp 5w-30 olja, vet inte hur den reagerar i klimatet vi är i, tycker det borde finnas ngn här som kan förklara bättre ang. oljor

va o köpte 5W-20 olja nyss, castrol va den ända som jag hitta som hade det, hittade det här oxo på nätet:

Question: My owners manual species 5W-20 oil. Do I really need to use 5W-20 oil and why did my 2000 model year vehicle require a 5W-30 oil, while the exact same engine in my 2001, 2002 and newer engines "requires" a 5W-20 oil?

Answer: You do not need to use a 5W-20 oil. Do not let your dealer scare you by telling you that you have to use it for your warranty. That is a tactic that some dealerships use to scare customers. Once you know the facts and the Federal Magnusson Moss Act law you will be much better informed to protect your rights and use the type of oil you want to use.

The main reason 5W-20 was specified for your engine is to increase the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) reported to the Federal Government. CAFE is the combined average fuel economy of all of a vehicle manufacturers product line. Minimum CAFE levels are specified by the Federal Government. In order for a vehicle manufacturer to continue selling profitable large trucks and SUV's, which typically have poor fuel mileage ratings, as compared to smaller cars, and still meet mandated CAFE requirements, they must also sell enough of the smaller cars which have much better fuel economy ratings to offset the poor fuel economy ratings of the larger vehicles. For model year 2001, the change to a 5W-20 oil will allow Ford and Honda's overall CAFE to increase by a very small amount, typically in the tenths of a mile per gallon range. 5W-20 oil is a lighter viscosity than a 5W-30 oil and therefore has less internal engine frictional losses, or less drag on the crankshaft, pistons and valvetrain, which in turn promotes increased fuel economy. This increased fuel economy is virtually undetectable to the average motorist without the use of specialized engine monitoring and testing equipment under strictly controlled test track driving when compared to a 5W-30, 10W-30 or a 0W-30 viscosity motor oil.

Tack zealot för din sakliga information, nu förstår jag varför samma motor har fått ändrad rekommendation på senare årsmodeller.

Däremot kan jag inte hitta någon 5W-20 olja på Castrol Sveriges hemsida, kan du ge mig exakt beteckning och pris?

när jag läste din post, så kollade jag där, hittade inte det heller så då började jag undra lite. pratade med en kille som jobbar mestadels med usa bilar och automatlåder och han berätta varför den där olja inte säljs pga. att det inte är 20C minst i sverige helatiden, så jag åkte tibax o lämna det och köpte valvolines 5w-30 från killen jag prata med.