Hello From Resident of Russian Mustang Club (Don't speek Swedish)

Well hello everyone. Unfortunatelly I don't speak Swedish...only english...not perfect but however. Hopefully google pleasantly agreed to translate your forum (maybe there are english language button somewhere?).

My name is Roman. I'm the member of Russian Mustang Club (http://www.mustangclub.ru/) (http://mustangclub.ru/forum/) (http://www.mustangclub.ru/forum/index.php?showuser=5661)

I'm going to study in jonkoping. I have 2008 Mustang GT Sherrod 500S with quite a lot bolt-on tuning (no turbo/no comperssor...). Here is quite full list of my mods... http://www.mustangclub.ru/forum/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=manage_item&CID=165 sorry for russian page.

For now I'm writin from office, so photo will be later...

I'm planing to go by my Mustang. So I will have a lot of questions about a lot of things.

Well hello everyone. Unfortunatelly I don't speak Swedish...only english...not perfect but however. Hopefully google pleasantly agreed to translate your forum (maybe there are english language button somewhere?).

Go to www.google.com

Klick "Translate"

Enter the sites URL adress in the area for Swedish language

Choose the language you want translated and Google will translate everything when you browsing around

Probably russian will not look good so I I think you should choose english! :)

post-2532-144839182901_thumb.jpg

post-2532-144839182908_thumb.jpg

Ändrade %s av %s (%s)

Well. I Already used these way. Thank you for detailed story, it is nice that you did it...but it qute not well. : D

I thought that interface could be in english...well it's ok...probably some time after I will even learn swedish : Rolleyes:

Well First question is about technical reglaments.... I have HID headlights (Ford OEM), red turn signals with sequental movement, no cats (quite loud...on RPM cut could be flame), side exaust, side window tint...

Is it possible to drive in Sweden (Europe also?) car will be on Russian Numper plates (can I drive on it for 1 year or I have to recieve EU plates?).

And because side axaust, my car height is just about 8-10cm...is it possible to use paroma to get to sweeden from Latvia?

If you have a car that passed the inspection in Russia then you are ok to drive it on swedish roads. I think you are allowed to use it up to a year but I am not sure. Just see to that the cops don´t stop you because then you will learn... ;-) I will try to look it up and get back here!

Welcome to Sweden by the way!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone!

Well, it past long time since I was here. So, for now, I 100% going to Sweden on my Mustang. Ferry from St.Petersburg at 16th of August. Arriving to Stockholm at 18th. Hope there will not be any troubles.

But, while time past, my car got an extra update...Nitrous... Well, bottle installed in trunk (original blue NOS bottle with sticker about content). System got purge for show so I can tell that it just "for show". But however, is it allowed to drive car equipped NOS systems? Or should I put any sign like sticker on the car? Bottle going to be full...

• 5 weeks later...

Well, everything is ok with customs and I'm successfully got to Sweden. Firs, you are driving too slow :(

Also already got parking penalty ticket...pricy!

I saw some mustangs in area where I leave (Jonkoping), but until I not give a sign (blinked or horned) they were driving just like near their car was a usual car...like Volvo... Is it not common to say hello here? In Russia we use to even stop and have short dialog, just a few word, however not just drive without attention...

You would say that it is same as Volvos or BMW's or Mercedeses?

I saw just a few. About 3-5 possibly same one about twice...

However in Russia we use to say hello, not because we are driving not ordinary car, we say hello because we drive same cars and some of us (not all) are mustangclub members. So I really not understood your point. You got hundreds of mustangs here? :)

Sorry to tell you, but newer Mustangs is not anything special here in Sweden. just ordinary utility vehicles.

// John

I strongly disagree with you.

When I drive my Mustang, I got thumbs upp, happy smiles and lots of people whant to talk. Thats not a ordinary car!

It seems like you think it's an ordinary car, but that dosent make it to one.

I wave usualy when i meet a brother or sister :)

Nice car, and welcome to sweden.

Don't forget to visit any of our clubmeetings!

// D

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I strongly disagree with you.

When I drive my Mustang, I got thumbs upp, happy smiles and lots of people whant to talk. Thats not a ordinary car!

It seems like you think it's an ordinary car, but that dosent make it to one.

I wave usualy when i meet a brother or sister :)

Nice car, and welcome to sweden.

Don't forget to visit any of our clubmeetings!

// D

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Huh, there are stil some supporters, cos I started to thoughts that here are no one :)

Well, I really wish to. Just don't know the place and time... It would be great if you provide me those info!

I would say about 10% of 2005+ Mustang owners dont really care about other Mustangs

They use the car as "John" mentions as an cool daily driver all year around.

I know several in my little town driving around in -30 degrees and snow.......And by the way there is ALOT of 2005+ Mustangs in Sweden!

Cant say any figures but I would not be surprised if the number is more than 3000 cars

Amongs the "Classic" Mustangs I would say about 99.99% waves ans smiles at each other.

Simply because these types of cars are always owned by "die hard" car entusiast.

Well, I really wish to. Just don't know the place and time... It would be great if you provide me those info!

Hi, welcome to Sweden - your Mustang looks awesome!! :thumbup:

If you look at the start page, there is a map at the bottom where you can find your region and get information about who to contact (well, in Swedish though...).

BTW - Why don't you come to Borås this Saturday 15th to "End of Summer", a big Mustang meet from 9am to 4pm? You're not too far away, road 40 westbound will take you from Jönköping directly to Borås (about 80 km and 1 hr drive)! If you want more information, I can translate the Swedish invitation for you, just tell me.

Kind regards// Magdalena

• 2 weeks later...

Ouhhhh, just saw the message :(

well hope meet with some of you anyway.

Also I think best way to ask questions here...cos all other is in Swedish (google translate not well)

So here is some:

-where do you maintain your cars. It seems that in next 2000km I need to change the oil (is it easy to get original US 5W20 Mobil1?) (car is very low so it is important to find place where my car can be towed up)

-Also it seems that my power steering gonna brake up...cos there are creak. Anyway I need a place to check what happened...

No problem; hope to see you some other time!

A suggestion: if you want to ask technical questions about your car, post the questions in the 2005+ forum; you'll probably get most attention there: http://mustangclubsweden.org/forumdisplay.php/26-Teknik-Mustang-2005 Use the upper button "+ Posta nytt ämne" (well, it just hit me that you might already know that since you started this thread, haha... ;) )

No problem; hope to see you some other time!

A suggestion: if you want to ask technical questions about your car, post the questions in the 2005+ forum; you'll probably get most attention there: http://mustangclubsweden.org/forumdisplay.php/26-Teknik-Mustang-2005 Use the upper button "+ Posta nytt ämne" (well, it just hit me that you might already know that since you started this thread, haha... ;) )

Google helped ))))